WLF’s Leadership Conference is a dynamic event held every October that provides leadership training and inspiration to Coachella Valley women through featured speakers and panelists.
2011's Featured Keynote Speaker will be Sally Edwards presenting "When was the Last Time you Did Something for the First Time? 13 Lessons from 40 Years of Entrepreneurship." Sally is one of America's leading experts in business, exercise science and lifestyle living. She is founder of FLEET FEET Sports, one of America's largest chain of retail sports stores, as well as several other businesses; a best-selling author; and a 16-time Ironman finisher and member of the Triathlon Hall of Fame.
Follwing the Keynote Address, participants will head for their chosen Panel Breakout Dinner in the following areas:
Business / Professional
- Linda Evans, Director of Comm'y Dev't, JFK Memorial Hospital; Councilwoman, City of La Quinta
- Kristi Hanson, Architect
- Jacquelyn "Jackie" Lacey, Chief Deputy District Attorney, LA County District Attorney's Office
Lifestyle & Wellness
- Dr. Patricia Avila, Director, Wellness Institute, Eisenhower Medical Center
- Sally Edwards (Keynote Speaker)
- Liz Mazurski - Former Editor of Spa Magazine; Health, Hospitality & Wellness Consultant
- Karolee Sowle - President & CEO, Desert Regional Medical Center
- Gayle Brandeis, Poet & Novelist
- Lynette Brasfield, Novelist & Journalist
- Lucinda Sue Crosby, Journalist &Novelist
- Dianne Dixon, Novelist & Screenwriter
- Diane Haeger, Novelist
- Marianne Murphy, President, Women & Philanthropy UCLA
- Christy Porter, Executive Director, Hidden Harvest
- DoeDee Rover, President Emeritus, Xavier College Preparatory
Following dinner with a panel member at each table, attendees will hear about each woman leader's challenges and insights on achieving success in her given field.
Click here for LEAD Overview
Click here for LEAD Program